Welcome to Monday morning again, everyone. Here's a look at some stuff that's been happening with the Avalanche over the last week.
- No official announcement yet, but Angélique discovered that G Billy Sauer has reportedly signed with the Avalanche.
- We do have official announcement that the Avalanche will be using the Charlotte Checkers as their ECHL affiliate, replacing the Johnstown Chiefs. The Checkers are the primary ECHL affiliate for the New York Rangers [insert Tyler Arnason joke here].
- The Avs official message board has been update (it also has a new link and I know you ALL have this one bookmarked). Love this rule: "Upon joining the board members will be placed in the "Validating Members" group. In this group posters will not be allowed to create new topics until they reach 100 posts and are promoted to the members group. At that time they will be able to create new topics." That sure sounds like a place I want to hang out at.
- It's been mentioned in the comments section a couple of times, but it bears repeating that Avalanche single game tickets go on sale on September 12th. And yes, I agree that seems really late to be selling tickets for a season that starts on October 1st...
- I hope I'm stepping on any toes with this announcement, but Mike has gotten the ball rolling for the 3rd annual Avalanche Blogger Roundtable. We don't really know much except that it seems like most everyone is interested in doing it again. I have enjoyed these, but I do have to say that I feel the idea for this project has been greater than the execution, if that makes sense. I'm not even sure if I can put my finger on what's missing. If you have some constructive criticsm about the past efforts, I'd like to hear it so either throw it in the comments below or shoot me an email.