Even the common hockey observer knows that a Hat Trick is three goals, but only the enthusiasts know that a Gordie Howe Hat Trick is one goal, one assist, and one fight. However, only the most enthusiastic of hockey enthusiasts know about an entire list of other specialty hat tricks like the Howe Trick. MHH members are some of the most enthusiastic (to the point of being deranged, sometimes) hockey fans I've ever met, so I think it's only right that, after the jump, they get in on the loop for some of these unique hockey Tricks.
- The Red Wing Trick: Named after any of the Detroit Red Wings players that are members of the AARP, one scores a Wing Trick when tallying 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 erection lasting more than 4 hours.
- The David Koci Trick: Named after currently sidelined enforcer David Koci, a Koci Trick comes any time you lose a fight and have more minutes of PIM than seconds of TOI.
- The Marian Gaborik Trick, or the Gabotrick: 2 goals and an injury.
- The Ryan Wilson Trick, or the Mack Truck Trick: 1 point, +2, and a concussion (given or received).
- The How Do You Like Them Apples? Trick: Scoring a goal and then beating up Doug Gilmore.
- The Sidney Crosby Trick, or the Crysby Trick: 1 goal, 1 opponent punched in the balls, and 1 thing of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream while you cry in the locker room about it after the game.
- The Alex Ovechkin Trick, or the Ovechtrick: 2 goals and 1 terribly acted commercial filmed.
- The Jonas Holos Trick: 30 minutes of ice time logged from the pressbox.
- The John-Michael Liles Trick: 1 assist, one bad turnover, and 1 week spent in Sacco's doghouse.
- The Sean Avery Trick: 1 stupid comment, 1 pissed off opponent, and 1 full week of nobody fucking cares media coverage thereafter.
- The Peter Forsberg Trick: 1 assist, 1 career ending injury, and 1 NHL comeback attempt.
- The Paul Stastny Trick, or the Stastrcik: 1 goal, 2 assists and 1 awkward, gap-toothed smile.
- The Sedin Trick: 1 goal for Daniel, 1 goal for Henrik, and 1 goal for whoever the hell took part in their alien mind-link before the game.
- The Dany Heatley Trick, or the Heatrick: 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 trade demanded.
- The Dan Boyle Trick: 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 game winning goal for the other team.
- The Todd Bertuzzi Trick, or the Shittrick: 1 sucker punch from behind, 1 pact with the Devil, and 1 innocent child murdered.
- The Craig Anderson Trick: 40+ saves, 1.00 GAA or less, and 1 happy dream about ice girls.
And, ladies and gentlemen, there is actually one special hat trick named after a hockey blog! (It's more like a sock trick.)
- The Mile High Hat Trick: 1 punched Arby's Sandwich, 1 Jibblekoff, 1 questionably used Hot Pocket, 1,000+ Live Game Thread comments, and sarcasm meter turned to 11!
MileHighHockey.com is a fan community, allowing members to post their own thoughts and opinions on the Colorado Avalanche and hockey in general. These views and thoughts may not be shared by the editors of MileHighHockey.com.