Crazy Kroenke


Stan Kroenke clearly is a guy who marches to his own drummer. Kroenke dropped a bombshell yesterday, surprising everyone by announcing his intentions to purchase the St Louis Rams. Kroenke already owns 40% of the Rams and had a contractual right to match a bid if someone attempted to purchase the other 60% from the existing ownership. Kroenke was not expected to exercise this right, as the NFL prohibits cross-ownership (Kroenke already owns the Avalanche and the Nuggets). Instead, Kroenke was expected to either stand pat and retain his 40% share, or sell his 40% to enable him to expand his majority share of the English football club Arsenal.

Nope. Kroenke threw everyone a curveball with his 11th-hour announcement that we would make a bid for 100% of the Rams. No one really knows how Kroenke will get around the NFL's cross-ownership rules, but it's a safe bet to assume that Stan has a plan. Kroenke had 60 days to make a decision and he used every one of them. He and his team have this all figured out. We just don't know how they plan to proceed yet.

Could that plan somehow involve selling the Avs and Nuggets? Thankfully, that hasn't been tossed out yet and the assumption is that Kroenke has a play that won't involve selling the Avs. Still, until we know for sure that Kroenke has no intention of selling, the fingernails are going to be just a little shorter in Denver.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Mile High Hockey

You must be a member of Mile High Hockey to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Mile High Hockey. You should read them.

Join Mile High Hockey

You must be a member of Mile High Hockey to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Mile High Hockey. You should read them.

Spinner

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9355_tracker