Normally I try to avoid a fan post when I join a community for the first time, but I didn't think about this until recently and I'm fairly certain that my usual haunt (SecondCityHockey, if it isn't obvious from my username) wouldn't be as informative, so I do apologize for just sort of popping up here with this.
That said, I'll be going to Denver for the Avs/Hawks game this Friday with a couple of friends, and to say I'm excited for the trip is kind of an understatement. Unfortunately, excitement =/= planning. We've got the hotel/flight/tickets booked, but really haven't researched more beyond that.
This is where I turn to you, MHH denizens, for your help. While I'm in your lovely city, I would like to know:
- What time do doors usually open? Is there anything I should know about Pepsi Center that I should check out? The area around it seems like it's in the heart of downtown, so walking there should be fine, right?
- Where would you recommend my friends and I go to grab a little pre-game dinner that's close, if not within walking distance, to the Pepsi Center?
- What's the cab situation like post-game? I suspect we'll be trying to get back to the hotel or out somewhere else after the game, and after going to Pittsburgh where the cab situation is a veritable nightmare, I now feel compelled to check the supply/demand ratio of cabs to passengers in every city I visit.
- Any good places to go out for post-game shenanigans? The closer to the arena the better, really.
- Any good breakfast/brunch places in the downtown area? I'm staying at Hotel Teatro, if that helps.
- Any suggestions for what I can do Saturday afternoon? I guess I'm looking for something interesting to do between lunch and leaving to catch my flight at 7pm, so somewhere downtown, probably. Any cool places that we should check out?
- Is there anything else that I should know? General tips, reminders, what-have-you?
Thanks for the time, guys. Any and all help is much appreciated.