It's been a while since I did one of these things and I know we got the Preview Thread up around 12:01 am Greenwich Mean Time to keep the malcontents at bay, but what the hell...
- Cool Timmy Thomas-related story that speaks to my own personal belief on developing goalies both in their early stages and as they progress through their (hopefully) professional careers.
- Another goaltender-related article for your perusal. This time talking about perception.
Blog-friend Aaron manages to summarize my feelings about the Duchene/trade/bust/slow-start/linemates conversations we seem to be having around here daily.
- Cee-Lo Green and Discover are gonna make Turkey Day puck-tastic for the inaugural Thanksgiving Showdown.
- We've mentioned the Burgundy Brigade a couple of times on the site and they are part of the Avs Guild family of Avalanche-related shenanigans. Take a look and see if this is something you might be interested in.
- The results of the investigation into the Lokomotiv tragedy point to pilot error.
- He asked my opinion on his NHL-as-niche-sport piece, so here it is: I'm not interested in the NHL growing (money-wise) so large that it swings a big stick in the sports marketplace similar to the NFL. I'm interested in the NHL shedding it's regional moniker and expanding its geographical fanbase in the US. I don't think that a capitalist march to big $$ is the only way to do that. However, wanting to restrict or hoard any growth of the sport for fear of corruption isn't a position that will result in anything positive.
- Five For Howling's link-dump for tonight's game.
- And last but not least, a quick-read article summarizing the plight of the Alabama-Huntsville Chargers Div. 1 hockey team. As a southern transplant this is disheartening to say the least.