But I'm hoping that some of my smart MHH friends can help me out with a few questions about hockey.
1. Why would the Avs trade JM Liles? He is one of our best d-men and he is young enough to fit with the "rebuilding" ethos. I know you have to give quality to get quality, but I don't see anyone else on the team stepping up to his level. Why get rid of your good players?
2. Why is it that the Avs are now "sellers." Surely, with payroll so low, wouldn't it make more sense to be "buyers?" I understand that we may have some players other teams want, but why would we trade those to make other teams better and the Avs worse?
3. Why are sports franchises in the US so fixated with moving teams. When I was a kid, I used to like the LA Raiders, then they moved back to Oakland. The Coyotes saga, the Thrashers are now supposed to be going. Quebec>Colorado, Minnesota>Dallas etc etc. It would be unthinkable to move Manchester United to Scotland, no matter how many people would like it.
4. The other night, the Avs fans were booing them. Has this ever happened before and is/was it warranted? Should the team be supported when they got hammered?
5. If Joe Sacco got fired, what would people think about Marc Crawford taking over (hypothetical situation).
6. Why is Bob Hartley a persona non grata with the Avs management?
7. If Matt Cooke and Kronwall were the key players (don't laugh!) that would guarantee the Avs to win the Stanley Cup, would you sign them?
Any help with some of my burning questions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.