Yesterday I put a fanpost up on the Canucks blog 'Nucks Misconduct. The trade talk here about acquiring a young goalie got me curious on what it would take to pry Schneider out of Vancouver. If you want to take a look at the fanpost here it is. Here is what I am reading from the Vancouver fan base:
1. Cory Schneider is the real deal. They already believe he is proven---I however am still highly skeptical of that because he has yet to play the role of starter at the NHL level
2. Although they have a lot of injuries at the back end of the ice, they are not looking for a defenceman right now. This means no trading Hunwick/Wilson/Cumiskey
3. They wouldn't mind having draft picks thrown their way as long as it is not the focal point of the deal (they may take our first pick though...I did not offer that)
4. They want a top six player...not prospects.
5. They do not want Budaj or Andy in return to backup, they have a guy in the AHL they think can do the job.
So here is the deal I think may be fair that we have not agreed upon, but does get their attention:
Schneider+Torres (they need some cap room)+3rd
What do you think MHH?