Are you ready to rummmmmble?? It's time, folks. Not much more to say. BE THERE if you can. If you can't, there's a live thread going up in a couple of hours. JOIN IN! Hopefully, we'll be getting some videos up for your viewing pleasure. No, not THOSE kinds of videos. MHHers....12-year-old boys, the lot of you!
In just a few hours, we will know the Pracey secret pick and for whom the Avs traded the 11th pick. Yes, it's as good as gone. Mark my words!!
Tonight, 5 pm. Fox and Hound, Littleton, CO. More details here.
Courtesy of Dirty Dangle, here are some drinking game suggestions for the evening...WARNING: If you follow all of the rules, you will need an ambulance. Pick and choose, people.
Pick your own Draft Order for the 1st round or you can use a mock draft from your favourite blog or one of the many “expert” draft predictions out there (here's Bob McKenzie's rankings). Don't be an idiot and go too hard to the point where you're puking like these kids did after doing the VO2 max test at the Combine.
For Draft Selections:
- Drink the difference between your selection and the actual selection
- If a player goes higher than your selection – 1 drink
- If a player drops lower than your selection - 2 drinks
- If a player you selected slips out of the Top 10 – 3 drinks
- If a player you selected slips out of the Top 20 – 4 drinks
- If a player you selected slips out of the 1st round – 5 drinksFor Trades:
- If Gary Bettman says “we have a trade to announce” – 3 drinks
- If that trade is draft picks being swapped – 1 drink
- If that trade involves a prospect – 2 drinks
- If that trade involves a roster player – 3 drinks
- If Gary Bettman uses a stepladder to make the announcement – 5'5" drinks
For General Managers:
- Every time a GM thanks the City of Minnesota for hosting – 1 drink
- Every time a GM congratulates the Boston Bruins – 1 drink
- Every time Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is shown and the Mike Richards/Jeff Carter trades discussed - 1 drink
- Every time Rangers GM Glen Sather is shown with a cigar in his mouth - 2 drinks
- Every time Leafs GM Brian Burke is shown with his tie undone – 3 drinks
- Every time they say the word "dream" while being interviewed - 1 drink
- If a player shows obvious signs of sweating (pit stains) - 3 drinks
- If a player actually says he is excited to play in Florida, Phoenix or Long Island (they probably failed the psych tests) - 4 drinks
- If a player refuses to put on the jersey of the team that drafted them - 12 drinks