I'm not really this Edmonton bloggers biggest fan, but I have to say that I agree with this movement.
I haven't written the manifesto yet, but I'm thinking the following items need to be included. Please offer your suggestions for this worthy cause.
1. Stop the NHL Lockout does not take the side of the players union or the league. We believe both parties should work together to ensure the 2012/2013 season takes place as scheduled for the sake of the game and in recognition of the importance of fans who ultimately keep the league alive.
2. It is the belief of Stop the NHL Lockout that the league and the NHLPA must create a Collective Bargaining Agreement that ensures no other strikes, lockouts or labor actions of any sort occur for at least the next ten years.
3. It is the belief of Stop the NHL Lockout that ticket prices should be frozen for a minimum of the next three seasons, as the costs involved to attend games have gotten out of hand at several NHL team locations.
4. NHL fans in support of Stop the NHL Lockout will no longer purchase NHL merchandise until the labor dispute is completely resolved.
5. NHL fans who support Stop the NHL Lockout will no longer wear team jerseys or display team merchandise of any sort until the labor action has concluded, and a new deal is in place.
I really can't stand the idea of another lockout, and I think this time I agree with the Players more than the Owners but regardless. They need to work together to get this done. There are 9 actual things he lists in the blog, and some are a little fanatical for me but most of them I agree with. It would be nice if something like this could actually gain enough traction to get noticed. You never know...
At the very least it doesn't hurt to follow the movement on twitter and keep up with it IMO.