This was originally a Second City Hockey thing, but we have had some good conversations and have a budding blog friendship with some of the MHH commenters, so I figured that I would open this up.
If anyone is interested, I will be setting up a PS3 league on the release day of the game. I’d like to get 4 or 5 GM’s and maybe 30 players or so in a League.
- All 30 NHL teams will be involved but most will be controlled by the CPU
- Salary Cap enabled! For more GM fun-ness! If you are a GM,
- Team Rosters will be randomized: See the original link for details. This means that we wont have to start off with a team playing as the Hawks, against a team playing at the Blue Jackets.
- 2-4 members per team, The members of the league will either find a team to play with on their own, or will be assigned a team to play with (we are all fun people on SCH (except you BLou)). In an IDEAL world the teams will have 4 members (RW, C, LW, and a D).
- Absenteeism is ok (we all have real lives, and this is a long long league) Games can be simmed if no member of the team is available, and you will have more than one member per team, so dont worry about it
- Skill level: Pro pending general consensus
- I recommend investing in a microphone for your games. While not required, this does make things much easier. Communication will be pretty important, and early on, calling for the puck and calling out what you are doing will be important. We arent the Sedins out there, so knowing where your winger will be at any given time without having played with that winger for a couple of games is impossible. When I play, I like to have the C and D calling out what they see, and the wingers calling for the puck when open.
If you are interested, please comment here with your Name, PSN id, and Position (easier to create teams if we know who plays what). Also, please let me know if you are interested in being a GM, or if you would prefer to just play. If you have NHL 12, please go ahead and let that be known as well (once we get teams set, it would be a good idea to practice together) Also, if you are ok with it, please include your email address, or email me yours @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm Sean. SBN tag: Skeen, Email: stomkeenan@gmail, PSN:Jekyll1489, GM:Yes please, I play C, and I do have NHL12
I’d really like for this to be a fun community experience, with our teams really playing and acting like it. The sooner we can get our teams set, the more time those teams will have to play together and get good (really the key to being successful in the team game).
We've got 15 SCHers and now we are opening it up to members of other SBN blogs to join. I'd love to have a couple of MHH teams join.
You guys and gals can have the option of forming your teams yourselves (1GM and 3-4 players per team) or if you want, I can throw you in the player pool. (You might end up with a couple Hawks fans :D)
I’ll be creating a spreadsheet with your information, and making an email distribution list so that we can remain connected.