The Avalanche has released the entire schedule for the Rookie/Training/Scrimmage Camp beginning on September 8, just five merciful days from now.
On the 8th, the rookies will report to camp for three days of intense training sessions, the best of whom will be chosen to try out for the team once the official training camp begins.
On September 13th, the veteran players will report for medical checks, physical tests and Joe Sakic will receive his annual oil change.
Then, on the 14th, the fun begins when the team hits the ice for the real deal: two consecutive days of three-hour sessions that will determine the 20-man roster for this season's team. Immediately following the final day of training camp will be the Burgundy/White team scrimmage. Then, the very next day, the Avalanche play their first preseason game at Phoenix.
The complete training schedule is as follows:
- September 8-11: Rookie training camp
- September 13: Medical/physical checks
- September 14-15: Training camp
- September 16: Burgundy/White Game
The complete preseason exhibition schedule is as follows:
- September 17: Colorado at Phoenix
- September 19: Colorado vs Los Angeles
- September 20: Colorado at Dallas
- September 22: Colorado at Los Angeles
- September 25: Colorado vs Dallas
- September 29: Colorado vs Phoenix
Let's get this show on the road already!