Some updates on the Avalanche lineup going into Friday's game against the Sharks in San Jose.
- T.J. Galiardi has been sent home to Denver to recover from the ankle injury he suffered Wednesday against Calgary. Initial reports said the pain wasn't serious, but it's apparently serious enough for him to miss the rest of the current road trip.
- Contrary to initial reports, Craig Anderson will start in net for the Avalanche against San Jose, even though backup Peter Budaj has recovered from his bout with the H1N1 virus. It will be Anderson's 14th consecutive start of the season.
- Though there are no solid reports, John-Michael Liles could return to the Avs lineup against San Jose. He is expected to return no later than Sunday against the Vancouver Canucks.
- Hockey stats blog Behind The Net takes a look at some of the basic numbers behind the amazing 10-1-2 start to this season. Worth the read.
- ADDENDUM: The Avs aren't the only top team with injury concerns. The Penguins have now lost Evgeni Malkin to a shoulder strain for at least two weeks, maybe three. They lost key defenseman Sergei Gonchar last week.
The injury curse appears to be alive and well, as always. Luckily the Avs have been able to keep winning despite the personnel losses. Let's hope they continue that trend.