Hey, kids, it's another heartbreaker. A couple of quick thoughts:
- I can't really fault the Avs for their performance - I felt everyone had a strong game overall. We've heard the "couple of bad breaks" excuse far too many times this year, but it actually applies to this game.
- Still, I sure would have liked to see Budaj make that late save...
- I wasn't too fond of the black and white thing. It was kind of cute at first, but that wore off quickly when you realized so much of what you were seeing - modern uniforms, ads on the boards, commercials, corporate sponsored arenas - just didn't fit with the 50's theme. In the end, it just looked like modern hockey with bad graphics. In other words, the only thing it really reminded me of were the first couple of OLN broadcasts.
- Oh, and it's hard to believe, but the Avs jerseys look even worse in black and white.
- The game was surprisingly chippy, especially in the first two periods. Boy, Mike Komisarik sure looked tough trying to start shit with Hejduk and Svatos, didn't he?
- Speaking of Hejduk...dude, you make $4 million a year. Let the fan keep the damn stick. Oh, and Happy Birthday.