Just a little sampling of recent Avalanche-related content floating around the net this morning:
- Jori reported the other day that Cameron Gaunce finished 3rd in the OHL's voting for top defensemen (no Johnny Boychuk, that one). Dater has some additional coverage.
- Adrian also has an article in the Post about Francois Giguere. Don't expect any earth-shattering revelations.
- Terry Frei has an article on the draft. Again, nothing really new there.
- GEO keeps his hockey man-card for choosing the NHL playoffs over the NFL draft. (I, for the record, skipped both).
- This is about a week old now, but still worth the read - Adam Hersh gives out his end of season trophies to the Avs.
- Jibbles, as always, is great at stating the obvious.
- Around the league, the Sharks managed to stay alive and the 'Stache is one game away from a first round victory. John Torterrella landed a suspension (am I the only one enjoying the delicious irony of having Jim Schoenfeld as his replacement behind the bench?)
- The Lady Byng nominees have been announced. Strangely, Tyler Arnason did not make the list. I'm sure this is an error.
- Finally, the Josh Harding watch may be back on. Nik Backstrom's surgery revealed less damage than expected and his recovery time has been reduced from 6 months to 3 months. That might mean Harding is back on the market - something one of the Hockey Wilderness guys endorses.