Some random rumblings from the absentee contributor here at MHH (no, not Joe, the other one).
- IOC is giving US Olympic goalies Ryan Miller and Jonathan Quick a hard time about stuff they have on their masks. Specifically, "Miller Time" and possibly the tribute to his cousin on Miller's mask and the "Support Our Troops" emblem on Quick's. I'm starting to come up with some really appropriate new names for the IOC. They all start with "Idiotic" and end with, well a word that Joe won't let my use on the blog.
- This just in: Detroit writer completely misses the point of allowing NHL players in the Olympics. He also seems to be an Alex Ovechkin hater.
- Speaking of Ovie, he's rockin' some new kicks for the Olympic Winter Games. That doesn't look like sweet van art AT ALL.
- Peter Jaffe hopes the upcoming Men's Hockey games will help clean up some of the violent issues in the sport.
- Dater has a nice piece up about Paul Stastny stepping onto the world stage. But he still takes the time to call SoS out for under-performing.
- Copper and Blue has a good write-up for the Group A pool at the Olympics.