Wash. Rinse. Repeat. The Avalanche face off against the Calgary Flames tonight for the third time in less than 3 weeks. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty damn sick of 'em. Going 0-2 against them thus far probably has a lot to do with it. Well, that and the Flames are boring as hell to watch. It's a good thing this is the last time we'll see them...until December 8th, that is.
Not much to say, really. The teams are pretty much in the same boat as they were the last time they played. That was, what, yesterday? I guess it all just comes down to the same ole thing we've been babbling about for over a week: win the game, boys. Score some goals. Stop some shots. Yup, wash, rinse, repeat.
- Flames are coming off a 4-1 loss to the Blackhawks last night. That's good.
- Avs had to score four unanswered goals to beat the Islanders on Thursday. The Islanders. That's bad.
- Colorado is still humming along at number 1 in the league for the power play at a beautiful 29.6%. That's really really good.
- The PK. Sigh. That's horrifically bad.
- Calgary's allowed 39 goals against already this season. Good.
- The Avalanche have allowed 50. Bad.
- Colorado has 4 players who have scored as many or more points as the Flame's top scorer. Pretty good.
- We're only talking 11 points here. Notsogood.
- Calgary sucks. Fan-freaking-tastic.
- The Avs absolutely rock. Even better.
UDPATE: tonight's recap will be brought to you by our very own Americanario. Thanks, Canary!