It's been two weeks since I last rolled this sucker out so let's get back in the swing of things. While I currently ignore the Avs latest meltdown, this time at the hands of the hosting Sharks, the division has a chance to look quite a bit different next week.
While the Avs have a very tough 3-game schedule this week, the rest of the division largely plays each other and slugs it out to see if anybody can stop the whirling dervish that is the Minnesota Wild. If someone can manage it, surely it's the up-and-coming powerhouse Calgary Flames, right? No? Maybe the spry Edmonton Oilers can hand a dose of Earth to them? How about the old dominate guard Vancouver Canucks? No? Yes? PLEASE someone beat these clowns so the world can start to return to normal.
Thanks in advance, rivals <3
Team capsules after the jump.
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (31 GP 14-14-3 31 Pts)
- Anton Babchuk is on IR with a hand injury.
- David Moss is on IR with a foot injury.
- Mark Giordano is on IR with a hamstring injury.
- Henrik Karlsson is on IR with an MCL injury.
Colorado Avalanche (32 GP 14-17-1 29 Pts)
Edmonton Oilers (31 GP 14-14-3 31 Pts)
Last Week: A lot of games have happened since I last wrote this >_<
- Cam Barker is out 3 months with an ankle injury.
- Corey Potter is out 2 weeks with an ankle injury.
- Taylor Hall is out 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury.
Minnesota Wild (32 GP 20-8-4 44 Pts)
- Guillaume Latendresse returned on Tuesday after missing 14 games with a concussion and scored a goal.
- Marek Zidlicky suffered a concussion and was placed on injured reserve on November 23. He has been activated off of the injured reserve and will be a gametime decision for Wednesday's game.
- Justin Falk was placed on injured reserve, but has begun practicing with the team and is nearing a return.
- Cal Clutterbuck returned to the lineup on Tuesday after missing two games with a lower body injury.
- Josh Harding suffered an upper body injury last week and has missed three games. He has been practicing and is nearing a return.
- Devin Setoguchi suffered a lower body injury last Tuesday. He has been placed on IR. The injury is not thought to be serious, but he will not play in Winnipeg.
- Matt Cullen missed Tuesday's game due to illness. He did skate on Wednesday morning and will be a gametime decision.
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard suffered a facial injury after being checked from behind into the boards on Tuesday and will be out of the lineup Wednesday.
Vancouver Canucks (31 GP 18-11-2 38 Pts)
- Andrew Ebbett is out indefinitely with a foot injury
- Steve Pinizzotto is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury
- Byron Bitz is out indefinitely with a lower body injury
- David Booth is out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.
- Daniel Sedin is day-to-day with an undisclosed injury.
- Aaron Volpatti is out 4-6 months with a shoulder injury.