Ahhh. A lot more fun to write these when things go relatively well for the Avalanche. While the rest of the division enjoyed predominantly solid weeks themselves, the Avs certainly didn't hurt themselves with the 4 of 6 possible points they earned in the last 7 days. While the gap between top and bottom has started to get wider, most everyone who has watched just one of their games believes Minnesota is going to come down to Earth in a significant and soul-crushing way. Personally, I can't wait.
The Avs have a very important week ahead of them as they play all three Canadian teams in the division on the road after they finish up their ridiculously long home stand that hasn't gone quite as well as we needed it to. The only team that doesn't face much of a challenge this week is Vancouver, who is happy to host all kinds of struggling teams and prepare to crush face as they continue to enjoy having the highest paid backup in the league (DiPi doesn't count because he's made of glass so shush). I can't wait for them to trade Schneider for an amazing haul and crush my dreams of them not dominating the division for the next five years. Preemptive dicks.
The rest of the division? Well...it's going to be a fun week.
Team capsules after the jump.
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (24 GP 10-12-2 22 Pts)
- Anton Babchuk is on IR with a hand injury.
- David Moss is on IR with a foot injury.
- Mark Giordano is on IR with a hamstring injury.
Colorado Avalanche (25 GP 11-13-1 23 Pts)
Edmonton Oilers (25 GP 12-10-3 27 Pts)
Last Week: 1-2-1 5-2 W @ MIN, 2-5 L @ COL (yeessssss), 1-2 L vs. NSH, 2-3 OTL vs. MIN
- Cam Barker is out 3 months with an ankle injury.
- Corey Potter is out 4 weeks with an ankle injury.
- Andy Sutton is out 7-10 days with a groin injury.
- Taylor Hall is out 2-4 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Ben Eager is day-to-day with a back injury.
Minnesota Wild (25 GP 15-7-3 33 Pts)
- Recalled LW Casey Wellman and C David McIntyre from Houston of the AHL. Reassigned D Nate Prosser and C Warren Peters to Houston. Activated D Greg Zanon from Injured Reserve.
- Assigned G Dennis Endras to HIFK of the Finnish League. Promoted G Darcy Kuemper from Ontario of the ECHL to Houston of the AHL.
- Recalled C Cody Almond from Houston of the AHL.
- Guillaume Latendresse suffered a concussion and was placed on injured reserve on November 16.
- Marek Zidlicky suffered a concussion and was placed on injured reserve on November 23.
- Justin Falk is "banged up" and not on the trip to Edmonton. This will be the second game he has missed.
Vancouver Canucks (25 GP 14-10-1 29 Pts)