I'll admit it. I completely forgot to write this. I remembered about an hour ago when a friend jokingly asked "Hey is it Tuesday?" and alarms started going off in my brain. Somehow an article that has historically taken me between 3 and 4 hours to complete has taken me about one hour. I can't guarantee the accuracy of everything and I decided against fun Avalanche links just because SlayerS_Boxer is coming back on oGsZenio right now and you don't ever miss an all-time great plying his trade.
The Avs are bad. I really don't know what else to say. Are we as bad as we look? Sure, why not. I have a whole other article lined up about why this lost season is more of a mirage than an indicator of the future but instead of getting into that right now, I'll let you guys read it when it gets posted...someday.
Vancouver broke 100 points, the first in the West to do so and will be clinching the division title this week. Wooo. The formatting of the Wild transactions sucks but I'm rushing so it was a straight copy/paste. Sorry!
Team capsules after the jump.
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (71 GP 36-26-9 79 Pts)
Colorado Avalanche (68 GP 26-34-8 60 Pts)
Edmonton Oilers (70 GP 23-38-9 55 Pts)
Minnesota Wild (70 GP 35-28-7 77 Pts)
|8||Reassigned C Casey Wellman to Houston of the AHL.|
|9||Recalled C Casey Wellman and D Marco Scandella from Houston of the AHL.|
|10||Reassigned C Casey Wellman to Houston of the AHL.|
|14||Reassigned D Marco Scandella to Houston of the AHL.|
- Mikko Koivu has been practicing with the Wild as he recovers from a broken finger and is questionable to return to action tonight against the Canucks. When asked if he'll take pregame warmups, he said, "we'll see."
- Cal Clutterbuck has been practicing with the team and is questionable to return to the lineup in Vancouver tonight after suffering an upper-body injury. He will be a gametime decision.
- Clayton Stoner is questionable to play tonight against the Canucks after missing three games with a lower-body injury.
- Cam Barker aggravated an upper-body injury in last Tuesday's game and is not on the road trip.
- Josh Harding joined the Wild in Vancouver and is practicing with the team for the first time since suffering a knee injury in the preseason.
- James Sheppard continues to practice with the team but is still a ways from returning.
- Guillaume Latendresse left Friday's game in Dallas with a lower body injury. He is currently in the Twin Cities to be evaluated by doctors.
You see how detailed Minnesota has all of their stuff? I just copy and pasted it because it's so on-depth. If only all teams put this much time into their websites. COUGHCALGARYCOUGH
Vancouver Canucks (71 GP 46-16-9 101 Pts)
This Week: Like Edmonton, an easy week against the same exact teams and both games at home starting Wednesday vs. COL and Friday vs. PHX.