I'll admit it. I completely forgot to write this. I remembered about an hour ago when a friend jokingly asked "Hey is it Tuesday?" and alarms started going off in my brain. Somehow an article that has historically taken me between 3 and 4 hours to complete has taken me about one hour. I can't guarantee the accuracy of everything and I decided against fun Avalanche links just because SlayerS_Boxer is coming back on oGsZenio right now and you don't ever miss an all-time great plying his trade.
The Avs are bad. I really don't know what else to say. Are we as bad as we look? Sure, why not. I have a whole other article lined up about why this lost season is more of a mirage than an indicator of the future but instead of getting into that right now, I'll let you guys read it when it gets posted...someday.
Vancouver broke 100 points, the first in the West to do so and will be clinching the division title this week. Wooo. The formatting of the Wild transactions sucks but I'm rushing so it was a straight copy/paste. Sorry!
Team capsules after the jump.
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (71 GP 36-26-9 79 Pts)
Last Week: 1-2-0 4-3 W @ DAL, 0-3 L @ PHX, 3-4 L vs. VAN
Conference Standing: 8th Place, 1 point ahead of 9th place Nashville.
- Goals For: 2.9 (7th)
- Goals Against: 2.8 (16th)
- Power Play %: 17.9 (12th)
- Penalty Kill %: 81.9 (16th)
This Week: 2 games at home this week to finish off a 3 game home stretch Tuesday night vs. PHX and Thursday night vs. COL before heading out to start a 4 game road swing, beginning Sunday @ ANA and Monday @ LA.
News: A look at the how Calgary's remaining games impact their playoff run. Makes sense, I guess.
Brendan Morrison plays the waiting game.
Transactions: F Lance Bouma recalled March 11.
Injuries: C Daymond Langkow is still out indefinitely with a "head" injury, F Raitis Ivanans is day to day with a head injury (no shock there, really), F Adam Pardy (when did he become a forward???) is listed as out indefinitely with an "upper body" injury, F Brendan Morrison is day to day with a knee injury. F David Moss hurt himself falling down in warm ups. So embarrassing.
Colorado Avalanche (68 GP 26-34-8 60 Pts)
Last Week: 0-3-0 2-5 L @ MIN, 2-6 L vs. ANA, 2-4 L @ NSH
Conference Standings: 14th place, 21 points behind 8th place Calgary.
- Goals For: 2.8 (14th)
- Goals Against: 3.5 (30th)
- Power Play %: 18.2 (11th)
- Penalty Kill %: 77.0 (29th)
This Week: The Sherman Tank rolls on uninterrupted with the final 3 games of the team's current 4 game road trip starting Wednesday @VAN and continuing Thursday @ CGY and Saturday for another Showdown @ EDM. Ugh.
Edmonton Oilers (70 GP 23-38-9 55 Pts)
Last Week: 0-3-1 1-4 L @ PHI, 0-5 L @ WSH, 1-2 OTL @ DET, 1-5 L @ PIT
Conference Standings: 15th place, 26 points behind 8th place Calgary.
- Goals For: 2.4 (28th)
- Goals Against: 3.2 (29th)
- Power Play %: 12.9 (30th)
- Penalty Kill %: 77.3 (28th)
This Week: Edmonton has a pretty easy week as they return home from a better-than-expected road trip that saw the team net 3 points in 5 games with games Thursday vs. PHX and Saturday vs. COL. Please don't beat us, Edmonton.
News: Ryan Jones. What's shakin homie?
Oilers Twitter Fun Inside. Enjoy!
Math + Oilers = Fun. I seriously stole the title of the article. Seriously. SERIOUSLY.
Copper N Blue interviews a dream chaser.
Transactions: Taylor Redun signs 2 year deal with club, D Jeff Petry recalled and D Alex Plante reassigned, LW Teemu Hartikainen recalled and C Alexandre Giroux reassigned.
- Ryan Whitney is on IR and is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Taylor Hall is on IR and is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
Taylor Chorney is on IR and is week-to-week with a knee injury.
- Theo Peckham is day-to-day with a concussion.
- Ales Hemsky is out 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Sam Gagner is out for the season with a hand injury.
Minnesota Wild (70 GP 35-28-7 77 Pts)
Last Week: 1-3-0 5-2 W vs. COL, 0-4 L vs. NSH, 0-4 L vs. DAL, 2-4 L vs. VAN
Conference Standing: 11th place, 4 points behind 8th place Calgary.
- Goals For: 2.5 (25th)
- Goals Against: 2.6 (11th)
- Power Play %: 19.4 (9th)
- Penalty Kill %: 83.4 (9th)
This Week: Minnesota finishes what has been a disastrous road trip (0-3 and outscored 12-2) Thursday @ SJ before returning for a back-to-back as their welcome home gift Saturday vs. CBJ and Sunday vs. MTL.
News: Minnesota signed German G Dennis Endras.
Wild Prospect Jason Zucker named the WCHA Rookie of the Year.
Oh, Wild. Why so patient?
|8||Reassigned C Casey Wellman to Houston of the AHL.|
|9||Recalled C Casey Wellman and D Marco Scandella from Houston of the AHL.|
|10||Reassigned C Casey Wellman to Houston of the AHL.|
|14||Reassigned D Marco Scandella to Houston of the AHL.|
- Mikko Koivu has been practicing with the Wild as he recovers from a broken finger and is questionable to return to action tonight against the Canucks. When asked if he'll take pregame warmups, he said, "we'll see."
- Cal Clutterbuck has been practicing with the team and is questionable to return to the lineup in Vancouver tonight after suffering an upper-body injury. He will be a gametime decision.
- Clayton Stoner is questionable to play tonight against the Canucks after missing three games with a lower-body injury.
- Cam Barker aggravated an upper-body injury in last Tuesday's game and is not on the road trip.
- Josh Harding joined the Wild in Vancouver and is practicing with the team for the first time since suffering a knee injury in the preseason.
- James Sheppard continues to practice with the team but is still a ways from returning.
- Guillaume Latendresse left Friday's game in Dallas with a lower body injury. He is currently in the Twin Cities to be evaluated by doctors.
You see how detailed Minnesota has all of their stuff? I just copy and pasted it because it's so on-depth. If only all teams put this much time into their websites. COUGHCALGARYCOUGH
Vancouver Canucks (71 GP 46-16-9 101 Pts)
Last Week: 4-0-0 4-3 W @ PHX, 5-4 W @ SJ, 4-3 W @ CGY, 4-2 W vs. MIN
Conference Standing: 1st, 11 points ahead of second place Detroit.
- Goals For: 3.2 (3rd)
- Goals Against: 2.3 (1st)
- Power Play %: 25.5 (1st)
- Penalty Kill %: 86.7 (2nd)
This Week: Like Edmonton, an easy week against the same exact teams and both games at home starting Wednesday vs. COL and Friday vs. PHX.
News: Suneil Samra uses the Canucks for their prominent healing powers.
John Garrett gives his look at the Chara hit, since the world needs one more voice, apparently.
Transactions: Victor Oreskovish reassigned to Manitoba. Ha!
- Alex Edler is out indefinitely after having back surgery.
- Lee Sweatt is week-to-week with a foot injury
- Andrew Alberts just had successful wrist surgery and is out for a long time because that really hurts.
- Kevin Bieksa is out for an undetermined amount of time thanks to a pesky foot injury.