In a trend I fully expect to continue as this season drags on, our beloved Avalanche again failed to meet our expectations as they daringly won a game, putting our quest for the top pick in grave danger. Luckily, they managed to half screw up their wicked plan by allowing Edmonton to snatch a point, thus nullifying what would have surely been the death toll on the ultimate tank job.
I hear a backup goalie got starter's money up there in Canada, eh? You have fun with that, Ottawa. Here's to hoping he doesn't up and quit on you like he did us. If nothing else, it just enhances our standing as a prime destination for a free agent goalie. Sup, Josh Harding <3
Other than all of that, I've got nothin. I'm not even going to slip a video game reference in for you guys this week. Enjoy!
Team capsules after the jump...
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (75 GP 37-27-11 85 Pts)
Colorado Avalanche (71 GP 27-36-8 62 Pts)
Edmonton Oilers (72 GP 23-39-10 56 Pts)
Minnesota Wild (73 GP 35-30-8 78 Pts)
- Marco Scandella broke his finger after a shot hit his glove in Saturday's game against Columbus. He will not play Tuesday against the Maple Leafs.
- Cam Barker aggravated an upper-body injury March 8 and has missed the last six games. He has been skating with the team but is questionable for Tuesday.
- Guillaume Latendresse left the March 11 game in Dallas with a lower-body injury. The injury is not believed to be serious but he is questionable against Toronto.
- Marek Zidlicky suffered a lower-body injury in Vancouver last Monday and is not expected to play Tuesday.
- Josh Harding is practicing with the team but is not ready to return from a knee injury he suffered in the preseason.
- James Sheppard continues to practice with the team but is still a ways from returning.
Vancouver Canucks (73 GP 47-17-9 103 Pts)
This Week: Huge matchup for the Canucks as they can essentially wrap up first in the Western Conference Wednesday @DET before the inevitable letdown game loss two days later @ ATL and moving on to crush the perpetually-floundering-but-still-fun-to-watch-because-Rick-Nash-is-hot Columbus Blue Jackets Sunday @ CBJ. That was a lot of hyphens. Happy Tuesday!