April Fool's Day, AKA the worst day ever to be gullible and have an internet connection, thankfully came and went with me only getting caught buying into something once (I hate you, IGN) and managing to not partake in any potential MHH shenanigans (no promises next season).
Sadly, the Avs season ain't foolin' around as they continue to find ways to play approximately 8 minutes of a game (2 arbitrary ones in the first and the last 6 when they're down by 2 more or more) and still break my heart approximately 3 times a week. If we could only translate the success we have in the final minutes of games into half a game, we might remember a winning streak (remember, according to Lou Brown it has to be 3 games).
I don't have a whole lot left as the season plays the string out and I try to scramble around for NW Check ideas in the off-season. If y'all have any, feel free to chime in and I'll see if I like it enough to throw some effort into it.
Team capsules after the jump...
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
Calgary Flames (80 GP 40-29-11 91 Pts)
Colorado Avalanche (78 GP 29-41-8 66 Pts)
Edmonton Oilers (78 GP 24-43-11 59 Pts)
Last Week: 1-2-0 0-2 L vs. LA, 2-4 L @ MIN, 4-1 W @VAN
Minnesota Wild (79 GP 37-34-8 82 Pts)
- Martin Havlat will miss today's game against the Red Wings with an upper-body injury.
- John Madden left yesterday's game with a lower-body injury and did not make the trip to Detroit.
- Marek Zidlicky will not play this weekend with a lower-body injury.
- Nick Schultz will miss the rest of the season with post-concussion symptoms.
- Cam Barker aggravated an upper-body injury March 8 and has missed the last 11 games. He continues to skate with the team as he gets closer to returning but will not play in Detroit.
- Marco Scandella broke his finger after a shot hit his glove on March 19 against Columbus. He will not play against Tampa Bay.
- Guillaume Latendresse left the March 11 game in Dallas with a lower-body injury. He is not currently skating and it is uncertain when, or if, he will return this season.
- Josh Harding is practicing but is not ready to return from a knee injury he suffered in the preseason.
- James Sheppard continues to practice with the team but will not play against the Red Wings.
Yeah, so what if the injury report is a few days old. IT STILL WORKS, OKAY?
Vancouver Canucks (79 GP 52-18-9 113 Pts)
This Week: The Canucks Regular Season Pain Train they've rolled out on the league this year comes to a screeching halt as their final three games are nothing more than a victory lap for the Presidents Trophy winners. So much so that I'm not even going to list them and you will have read this all for nothing. Just kidding. Vancouver hits the road Tuesday @ EDM before returning home Thursday vs. MIN and then heading to Calgary to surely crush whatever dreams the Flames have of making the playoffs Saturday @ CGY.
Admit it. You clicked the Derek Jory link. And to the guy who just prank called my work talking about his Johnson, go die. Society needs more clever prank callers, not you. 1700 words achievement unlocked!