I'll level with you. I'm pissed off about the egg the Avalanche laid against Columbus last night so I'm going to keep this brief so looking at the standings doesn't cause my hair to catch on fire from all the fuming I'm doing over here (ya I mad, bro).
Calgary produced exactly the same week as last week with their 1-1-1 record, essentially gaining no ground but hanging around just enough that I'm forced to scoreboard watch all of their excruciatingly uninteresting games. I can't wait for three more weeks to pass and for me to bust out the cliched "DOUSE THE FLAMES CUZ THEY'RE DONE" jokes. I make no apologies for not being original, I just want these jokers playing golf when the second season starts. Ugh. Moving on.
Edmonton...still exists geographically, I guess. Their hockey team is essentially irrelevant, their fan base split into two increasingly psychotic factions ("WATCH OUT NHL HURR WE COME LOLZ" and "STFU you morons and take another drink because this is pointless"), and their GM continuing to be one of the highlights of my life simply by existing. I may not love standup comedy but I will stop whatever I'm doing to listen to Steve Tambellini speak. So there's that, I guess.
Minnesota is stilhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Vancouver just keeps swimming along happily, giving up points only to teams the Avalanche need them to beat in regulation and still finding a way to extend the conference lead because Detroit's return to Earth has begun. Hopefully Vancouver is enjoying their ezbreezy season right now because their real test hasn't really started yet. The Canucks addition of raging rhino Zack Kassian will only help increase their "the world hates us wahwahwah" factor because he's kind of a tool and should fit in well wherever Maxim Lapierre is.
All standings related info taken from NHL.com...
- David Moss is on IR with a foot injury.
- Lee Stempniak is out with a high ankle sprain.
- Blair Jones is on IR with a fractured ankle.
- Mikael Backlund is on IR with an upper body injury.
Last Week: 1-2-0
- Guillaume Latendresse has been diagnosed with concussion symptoms and is on Injured Reserve.
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard has concussion symptoms and is on Injured Reserve.
- Clayton Stoner suffered a lower body injury on February 4 and was placed on injured reserve on February 9.
- Mikko Koivu is currently out with an upper body injury. He has been shut down until March 13, when he will be reevalutated.
- Mike Lundin suffered a lower body injury and was placed on injured reserve on February 19.