Okay. So there were some of you talking on Saturday about wanting the Devils to win so that the Kings' fans could watch the whole Cup-winning deal in person. You got your wish, at least about the Devils forcing a Game 6. How 'bout we leave it at that, mmmmkay?
What they need to do to win:
- Crash the net. Those dirty goals are just as pretty when on that scoreboard.
- Second line offense. The second line of Penner-Carter-Richards needs to make an appearance again.
- Move sucka move. We need more hitting. Not undisciplined scraps that draw penalties, but hard, clean hits.
- The past is the past. Quick is pretty good about not letting losses or goals against shake his confidence, and he'll need that ability more than ever. A fumbled attempt at puck-handling lead to a goal for the Devils. Gotta shake it off, baby.
- Keep it outside. NJ did a good job of limiting the origin of LA's shots (notice I didn't say quality of shots, you Corsiatti!) to outside of the slot. They need to keep doing that.
- Clear it. Keep those big boys from getting in Marty's face. "Why you hef be mad?"
- Big guns. Guys like Parise (my god, he's good, isn't he?) need to keep making themselves known.
- The past is the future. Ride the momentum of the last two wins, believing that a comeback can be done.