Tonight the Avs look to prevent another losing streak against their division "rivals," the Vancouver Canuck. It's hard to call this matchup a true division "rivalry" anymore, since Vancouver has flat out dominated the Avalanche for a number of years now. Lets take a look at that history:
- This season the Canucks won the only matchup 3-0
- In the 2011-2012 season the Avalanche lost all 6 games against the Canucks by a combined score of 18-5
- In 2011-2012 the Canucks shut out the Avalanche on 3 separate occasions.
- In 2010-2011 the Canucks won all but one game against the Avalanche, collecting 11 out of 12 possible points.
- In 2009-2010 the Canucks collected 9 out of 12 possible points against the Avalanche.
Things to watch for:
- Can the Avalanche score the first goal of the game?
- Can Matt Duchene pick up at least a point? He needs at least one point to stay over 1.00 PPG on the season
- Avalanche swan song. With the trade deadline less than two weeks away, which Avalanche players may be playing their final games in Burgundy and Blue?