Let's see, anything happen this week?
- Ryan O'Reilly and the Avs avoided the pain and discomfort of an arbitration hearing minutes before the start on Wednesday morning. Yesss!
- Former Avs defenseman Cory Sarich was hit by a car while cycling and broke several vertebrae along with the usual road rash and whatnot. Last we heard the prognosis was good and he should be on the way home soon. Get well, Sarchy.
- Sarchy's former defensive partner Andre Benoit signed a 1-year deal with the Swords this week. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't more interest in a guy that put up 28 points last year from the blueline, is Brooks Orpik really 7 times more valuable?
- Former Avs Goalie prospect Kieran Millan retired from professional hockey yesterday after 2 years, mainly with the beloved Cutthroats.
- The Avs and Monsters agreed to an affiliation setup with the Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL. Details we've heard include 3 to 5 players spending time there this season including a goalie and the services of Jean-Ian Filiatrault.
- With Chicago's interest waning, Boston College's Kevin Hayes appears headed to Free Agency on August 16th and the Avs repeatedly come up as a rumored destination for the 6'4 210# winger. The Hawks get a 2nd round compensatory pick if he doesn't sign with them and we all know how valuable those can be. You can build a whole damn team with them if you want.
- Tyson Barrie remains unsigned, but neither side seems to be concerned and a deal is likely in the coming days. :))))