Good morning all, Sandie's traveling so this will be another "no cakes, just cup" edition of your daily links around the NHL. Let's get to it.
- The NHL's deadline for expansion applications came and went yesterday and surprisingly Las Vegas and our brothers from another mother, Quebec City, were the only ones submitted. Seattle had 3 potential ownership groups interested but none can put their hands on a venue in the foreseeable future so they will have to wait for a current team to crap out and move if they wish to bring NHL hockey to town. Other rumored potential bidders like KC, Portland, Milwaukee and the GTA are in the same boat.
- As reported here on MHH and elsewhere, former Avs forward Brian Willsie was on the ice at Dev Camp and is now part of the Colorado development staff. Mike Halford from NBC's Pro Hockey Talk had an article up yesterday about the move.
- Martin St Louis talked yesterday for the first time since announcing retirement. He scored lots of points and has a whole closet full of trophies.
- Captain Johnny T and the Cup Champion Blackhawks said the Ducks were a tougher opponent than the Lightning. Of course they were, they play in the Western Conference.
- The Avs still have 4 RFAs looking for contracts: Calvin Pickard, Freddie Hamilton, Stefan Elliott & Joey Hishon. Let's hope we get some news on their situations soon.
* * * * *
That's all for now. Sandie and her cupcakes will return tomorrow. Enjoy!