Ok, quiet down you rambunctious band of troglodytes and philistines. Your teacher...er, Head Cupcake-tress, Sandie, is still on vacation from you all and I’m filling in for the day —
Hey, get down from that desk!
Now, we’re going to go over the latest NHL news and I expect your best be...hey, stop passing notes and shooting rubber bands. I mean it!
Ugh...let’s get on with it, shall we?
- Big news for the Avalanche development program. After dissolving their relationship with Fort Wayne, the Colorado Eagles announced a new four-year partnership. News Conference Video
- Also, restricted free agent Mikhail Grigorenko avoided arbitration and signed a one-year, $1.3M to suit up for the Avs next season. MHH’s story
- Around the league, 36-year-old Brad Richards announced his retirement after 15 seasons in the NHL with five teams. NHL.com story
- The Washington Capitals’ Marcus Johansson avoids arbitration. NHL.com story
- Oh, and Matt Duchene was busy keeping his hands in shape yesterday signing autographs for a charity golf tournament: