The Avs fell to the Sens and Alex Burrows 2-1 after spending Deadline Day in Ottawa, now it’s payback time. Riding a 2-game win streak and a new positive attitude, things are looking better (relatively) on the ice and in the locker room. Game time is 7ET/5MT on Altitude.
- Will Butcher and the DU Pioneers put down rival CC last night at Magness, our own JJ Seaward has the deets up on the front page. Game 2 is tonight.
- Had a chance to catch J-C Beaudin and the Huskies crush Val d’Or 6-2 last night with some friends who neither follow hockey closely nor speak French at all. Alcohol was involved so we had a good time regardless of the language barrier. Beaudin looked good as always. They took the foot off the gas after a while, I think SOG were 42-9 at one point in the 3rd.
- Mack was spotted at the Pepsi Center being helpful during the Nugs game last night
Does this pass from Nathan MacKinnon count as a Hockey Assist? pic.twitter.com/TakOZTt1Gq— Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) March 11, 2017
- Speaking of the Pepsi Center, the Stanley Cup is hanging out in the parking lot this weekend with the NHL’s Centennial Fan Arena road show. Reports from several past and present MHHers have it as a good time with lots of interesting exhibits. Fun for the whole family. It’s open today from 10am til 5pm so catch it before the game if you like.
- Adrian Dater has a solid article up for BSN on why the Avs shouldn’t trade Captain Gabe. I agree.
- Eric Duhatshek from the Globe & Mail wrote a fantastic piece on NHL coaching and how it’s evolved from the Original 6 era to right now. I highly recommend this, good history as well as good insight into technique.
- Game thread will be up later, be there or be square.