Good morning all. The beloved Avs move the pain train across Canada from the capitol to darkest Manitoba for a matchup with one of the few teams they’ve been victorious over recently.
- Assuming his Visa work got sorted, Sven Andrighetto will make his Avs debut this evening wearing #10. I’m guessing he’ll take Carl Soderberg’s place with Matt Duchene, even tho’ Carl showed the first signs of life in ages against Ottawa with some skill guys
- JT Compher’s first NHL game went well. Some good, some bad but very promising signs of speed, faceoff prowess, forchecking and plenty of other things many Avs can’t be bothered with on a nightly basis. He’ll ba back in the lineup for sure.
- Calvin Pickard gets another start in his hometown. He’s 2-1 lifetime against the Jets and crafted a 5-2 win against the Peggers a month ago, thanks mainly to Nikita Zadorov killing everybody.
- The Colorado Eagles won their 17th straight last night, beating Jared Bednar’s former SC Stingrays. Just to point out the obvious, they have same amount of wins on this streak as the Avs do all season. Nice job.
- In sadder news, the beloved Rampage lost their 10th straight to Grand Rapids last night with their former captain Ben Street getting the game-winner late in the 3rd. New acquisition Brendan Ranford had a goal and new re-acquisition Colin Smith had an assist in a game notable for being played on slush rather than ice.
- Game time tonight is 7pm ET, 5pm Mountain and will be shown on the Ocho. Be there or be L7