- The Avalanche announced the schedule for Rookie and Main Training camps yesterday. As we suspected, the youngsters report on Thursday September 7th for physicals then have one practice at Family Sports Center on Friday before heading to San Jose for the Rookie Tournament with the Sharks, Ducks and Coyotes. Some good news on this front as the Coyotes will be streaming their games so we’ll get a look at one game for sure.
The rest of the bunch reports on Thursday the 14th for physicals and Media Day. There will be 2 practices at Family Sports on Friday & Saturday mornings before the B/W at Magness arena on Sunday.
- Take a look back at AJ Greer’s path so far with a Rookie Rewind from the Avs site
- Our T25U25 series finished up yesterday, did you catch who ended up #1?
- Goalie Francis Leclerc was an invitee at Avs Development Camp this summer, now NordInfo.com is reporting that he’ll be attending rookie camp and traveling to San Jose with the other Avs prospects. He just turned 19 so he’s not eligible for the AHL but he did win the Jacques Plante Trophy last season (the QMJHL Vezina) and could be worth signing and sending back to Blainville. Click if you read French.
- Former Avs winger and development/video coach Adam Deadmarsh has joined the Spokane Chiefs staff for this season as an assistant coach. Great to see, best of luck to one of my favorite Avs of all time.
Around the League
- I know I linked a Bourne article yesterday but I’m a big fan so here’s another on why it's hard to make creative tactical adjustments in professional hockey. This is in front of the paywall once again. [The Athletic]
- From an Avs fan perspective, it’s difficult to imagine why the Capitals would need to be more dangerous offensively but Patrick Holden has a few ideas anyway from Russian Machine Never Breaks. [RMNB]
- The Blues Patrick Berglund had a pretty scary training accident this summer which injured his shoulder and will keep him out until December at the earliest. Jeremy Rutherford talked to him about it and the rehab process. [St Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Our good friend David Castillo from Defending Big D wrote a great article on a personal pet peeve of mine, signing depth vets that clog the lineup for young talent. Seriously, read this one. [DBD]