Nathan MacKinnon has been the most exciting player in the NHL this season. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply hasn’t been paying attention. The Colorado Avalanche superstar hits the All-Star break leading the NHL in both primary point and even strength points. At 22-years old, MacKinnon is having the breakout season we have been waiting for and he has turned into the player scouts expected him to be when he was drafted #1 overall in 2013.
Right now, Mackinnon should be the favorite to win the Hart Trophy and quite frankly, he’s really the only reason the Avalanche are in a battle for a playoff spot right now.
With Mikko Rantanen riding shotgun, the Avs are now icing one of the most dynamic duos in the league, as Nathan Mackinnon transforms into the most electrifying man in hockey.
In 47 games that have been filled with highlights, we have tried to widdle the list down - it was not an easy exercise. Here is a look at MacKinnon’s top-10 highlights from the first part of the season.
9. This is more of a Jonathan Bernier highlight, but it had to be on the list.
8. “You think that’s slick, check this out kid” - Nathan MacKinnon to Sam Girard, probably.
7. (Fire Emoji)
6. What’s quicker, his hands or his feet?
5. When did Nathan MacKinnon turn into a power forward?
4. Someone this strong shouldn’t be this fast.
3. In case we forgot that Nathan MacKinnon is a better playmaker than anything else.
2. Breaking ankles like Allan Iverson in his prime
1. Four Tampa Bay Lightning defenders are no match for one Nathan MacKinnon.
Did we miss any? Let us know what your favorite highlight has been so far this season.