The AHL Colorado Eagles announced their full 2018-19 schedule on Wednesday, which includes 68 games against 10 different opponents. The Eagles, who are entering their inaugural AHL season after winning back-to-back ECHL Kelly Cups, had already announced the Chicago Wolves as their home opener on October 5.
Twenty-five of the Eagles’ 34 home games (played at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland) will take place on a Friday or Saturday night, with ticket sales opening to the public on September 19.
Here are some quick highlights of the Eagles’ 2018-19 schedule:
- November will be Colorado’s busiest month of the season, with 12 games scheduled.
- The Eagles’ longest road trip of the year will be six games long — from January 21 until February 2 — when they play Stockton, Bakersfield, Ontario (twice) and Tucson (twice).
- The longest homestand spans six games from November 23 to December 8, when San Jose, Iowa and San Diego all come in for two games.
- As is the norm with minor league scheduling, the Eagles will play a ton of back-to-backs. There are 31 pairs of back-to-back games, meaning that only six games all season will not be part of a back-to-back. Because of this, you can expect multiple goalies to see heavy minutes in net.
- The westward expansion of the AHL in recent years has promoted the growth of hockey, but it’s also wrought with travel implications. The Eagles will only face 10 of the other 30 teams in the AHL this season, including TWELVE scheduled games against the Tucson Roadrunners, the affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes.
Listed below is the full schedule for the Eagles (with screenshots taken from the team’s official website).