- Tuesday night’s loss against the Arizona Coyotes gave the Colorado Avalanche a new perspective after winning four straight games before the matchup. There’s nothing to be too concerned about - well, not yet anyways.
- There is concern about injuries though. The list continues to grow, and while reinforcements looked like they were on the way by the end of December/early January, it may no longer be the case. (Pro Hockey Rumors)
- Some Avs media news updates: Adrian Dater has left his post at Colorado Hockey Now, being filled by DNVR’s Evan Rawal starting at the beginning of 2023. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Notably, for the Avs, the St. Louis Blues (division opponent) and Toronto Maple Leafs (an upcoming opponent on NYE) played a barnburner of a game that needed an extra period to decide a winner. (Pension Plan Puppets)
- While there will always be tension between the Avs and now Nashville Predators star Matt Duchene, there is no need to boo him for accomplishing this feat.